EDITED by: Black x
B3astiie use this model and use 64 bit WIndows 7.
1. After finish the windows 7 Installation, check for updates.
2. Install updates, the updates will install all drivers and the driver updates normally located in Otional updates. check all and install.
3. Restart when windows finish download the updates.
4. You can check in device manager (click start type DEVMGMT.MSC in the search box and press enter) , there all driver installed succesfully but you will see a yellow mark name
BASE DEVICE or similar to it.
5. You need to install the RICOH CARD READER DRIVERS. But B3astiie said Driver from Dell only support 32 bit and not 64 bit, when he asked for assistant DELL recomend him to buy a new Windows 7 (up to date version)
6. So to solve this especially for 64-BIT user download driver from HP here:
Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Host Controller and Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
If you failed to install:
for compaq, acer and other model, to install this driver you might have to install it in compatibility mode.
to do this right click and select proprties, select comaptibality, check the box and select run this program in Windows Vista SP2.
note, some word from B3astiie:
My base problems was that the Achi controller dell has on the site is only part of the 32-64bit set. They took the set, and took out the 64bit and just uses the 32bit to download. HP on the other hand, has the full set 32-bit and 64bit all for one download
When called to ask dell about this there constant solution was, "The driver has not been tested, it would be best if u bought a new 64bit system we offer." So, there main reason for not offering the 64bit part of the driver is so that you purchase a new system for there own profit
(the truth he angry and really disappointed with DELL services)